Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

vanilla with sprinkles on top

Last night I enjoyed some Tuesday night TV with one of my closest friends (insert: shoutout to Whitney).  It's always fun to have a night of total girl-talk where no boys are allowed!  During chit chat that included boys and celebrity gossip, we shopped around on Whitney's Pintrest for a little design inspiration.  As I looked at all of Whitney's home decor pins, I noticed that the majority of the images had one thing in common: neautral walls, earth tones, subtle accents.  Guess what?  That's OK.  My favorite ice cream treat is two scoops of vanilla with sprinkles on top and I would describe my design style the same way.  You don't have to have 8 patterns going on in one room and you certainly don't have to paint your walls fire engine red (although that can definitely be a winning look).  Check out some of these neutral spaces with just the right amount of "pop"!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There is nothing wrong with loud prints, over-the-top accessories and bright hues.  But there is definitely something to be said for classic, understated, plain ole vanilla.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment