Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

"I do" Thursday

Flowers.  Arrangements.  Fillers.  My mind is filled with centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, oh my!  Do I want to create drama with height, use small clusters to create intimacy or how about the best of both worlds?  Do I want a neutral palette or a pop of color?  Should I use a variation of flowers or stick to one or two?  My, my, my, who knew flowers could put one in such a tizzy?!  Although a tad stressful, I am seriously enjoying the process of selecting my flower arrangements and I'm already counting down the days until the ideas turn into reality. 

I will be sprinkling in hydrangeas and white roses all throughout the ceremony and the reception will be no exception.  I was originally sticking to my white/ivory/green color palette with the flowers, but have recently decided to throw in pops of gold and honey.  Our reception will be at a country club here in Raleigh and their chairs have hints of gold.  I definitely don't want to waste any part of my budget on chair covers, so I'm opting to incorporate the hue into my centerpieces.   

Here are my current inspirations, all via Pinterest.

 
I love the idea of using natural pieces like branches and twigs.  Not only can they be bought on the cheap, but they add instant height and volume to the centerpiece without being too showy.

 
I will be using lots and lots of candles and tealights.  They are a super easy way to add ambience and help the room feel more intimate.

 
To me, this centerpiece says classy, sophisticated and simple.
 
 
We will be mixing and matching 60 inch round tables with 30 inch cocktail height tables.  For the smaller tables I plan to fill mason jars with a simple filler like babysbreath or a handful of peonies to add a touch of the south.
 


 
One great way to save money is to transition your floral arrangements from the ceremony to the reception site.  I'll be reusing  the hydrangea wreaths and hanging ball arrangements which will cut the budget while adding to the fullness of our reception site.
 
What types of centerpiece arrangements did you showcase at your wedding?  Did you stick to a monochromatic color scheme or go crazy with flowers in all shades? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment