Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Repurposing.

I love when people decorate creatively, and by creatively I mean using a nonconventional item in an everyday way.  I have a piano bench that is in desperate need of a face lift and currently takes up residence on the back porch.  It does a great job of collecting junk like old paintbrushes, tools & other knick knacks and I love how it takes up an entire corner of the screened porch.  Do you sense my sarcasm?  It's time.  This bench needs a new lease on life, badly, and I've got just the ticket.  Drum roll please....I'm turning it into a coffee table.  I think the bench will strike just the right cord (pun intended) with the bevy of changes we've got cooking in the living room.

Here are some great examples that have helped solidify my wacky idea of using this piano bench in spaces other than under a traditional set of black & white keys.






I love this last photo!  The inside of the bench will be perfect for hiding the remote, magazines, coasters, pens and all the other obnoxious trinkets that always seem to find their way to the coffee table.      And I love love love the textured wallpaper that was plastered to the inside and then painted to match the bench.  This particular piece was painted with chalk paint and since that seems to be all the rage these days, I may just have to indulge.  


No comments:

Post a Comment