Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I must admit this post makes me a bit embarrassed.  I'm about to divulge some pictures that are, in a word, gross.  As I mentioned on Friday, one of my weekend tasks included tidying up The Boyfriend's third bedroom which also serves as Jack's room.  I normally keep this door closed when I'm hanging out around the house, but I just couldn't take it any longer.  Plus, I got a huge surprise this week...The Boyfriend hired a maid and this room was so dirty I wouldn't have wanted anyone going in there.  Not even to clean.

Behold: 
(As you can see, Jack's embarrassed too)


First let me say that if you're not totally disgusted after looking at these pictures and decided to continue reading, bless you.  The room is a hodgepodge of The Boyfriend's law text books, NC State memorabilia, furniture from previous residences, and of course, Jack and everything he has chewed in the last month.  We have big plans for the space, but for now cleanliness and order will do.

After 3 trash bags, 2 Goodwill piles and 1 grueling hour: Ta-Da!


Good Lord, I can breathe again!

In other news, our custom chair arrived. I love, love, love it!  I need to issue a warning regarding this photo as well.  Unfortunately my iPhone and I are unable to post high quality photography, so I'm not 100% happy with the way this picture tuned out.


The chair is NOT lime green.  I repeat, the chair is NOT lime green.  The color is more of a a mix between an artichoke and an avocado.  Ok, so my chair isn't going to win Most Photogenic, but it is making me incredibly giddy and I think that's pretty darn important.  The quality and attention to detail is a-m-a-z-i-n-g (holy nail heads!) and the comfort level is ridiculous.  And folks, how about them tufts?!?  Now that our pop of color is in place,  I have the push I need to continue the transformation. Shall I remind you of the loveliness that are our fabrics?


I bought a sample of Benjamin Moore's Kendall Charcoal yesterday but due to zero lighting (we currently have NO lamps in the living room) I have made the executive decision to forgo the paint sample photo.  As of now, both the Boyfriend and I have signed off on the color and have hopes to paint before the month is over.  What is that I hear?  Progress!




1 comment:

  1. You did an amazing job on your clean-up! You took that spare room from drab to fab! I know the
    boyfriend has got to be happy - looks like a great office space for him. Keep up the good designing!

    ReplyDelete