Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

C'mon Baby, Light My Fire

Ok folks, today we're talking mantles and fireplaces.  I don't know about you, but my eyes are always drawn to a well-placed (and well-dressed) hearth.  Rooms look larger, taller and more sophisticated when a fireplace is properly accessorized, and the right color (whether painted brick or natural wood) is key!

My Monday nights for the past 4 years have included a home cooked meal and TV with my bestie, Jenna.  Last night, Jenna and I not only enjoyed a little DWTS (let's hear it for Emmit & Cheryl!) but we also found ourselves reworking the fireplace.

Before:

After:

 As you can see, we edited the fireplace and made it look more simple, sophisticated and clean by removing a handful of candles and unnecessary tschotskes.  The de-cluttered look makes the family room feel lighter, yet lived in.  I suggested a larger mirror due to the size of the fireplace, as well as some smaller pieces with pops of color (turquoise, anyone?)

Some Inspiration:

Via
Via

 Via
 Via


Via

 Via
 Via
 Via
Via
Via

No comments:

Post a Comment