Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Fawning Over Fabrics

Some girls gush over designer purses and name brand labels, many love diamonds and expensive David Yurman and most covet all things glamour.  Don't get me wrong, I love it all but I just die for a good fabric swatch.  I know, so weird.  There is something about putting together prints side by side and beginning the creative process that slaps a big ole smile on my face.  I'm getting giddy just thinking about it!  Speaking of giddy, my living room swatches, from Calico Corners in Richmond Va, recently arrived and I am beyond smitten!


I'm envisioning the navy/white geometric print and the green/white buffalo check tossed on the couch as pillows (Two 18x18s and a neck roll).  I'm still searching for another color to sprinkle in with the pillows, but I think these selections are a great start!  The third swatch is my current front runner for drapes and I'm seriously considering an animal print accent.  Wouldn't that be fabulous?!?   


I held the swatches against the small square I painted in the living room and I'm in love.  Remember, I used Benjamin Moore's Kendall Charcoal and I couldn't be happier with the color.  Looks like I'm ready to move forward with pillows and drapes, and get this...my mom is a seamstress and makes all my home decor at $0.00 labor costs!  She is ahhhhmazing.  She gives me kick pleats, throw pillows, roman shades, shower curtains, bed skirts- you name it, she makes it!  How'd a girl get so lucky;)

In more important news...T.G.I.F folks.  

1 comment:

  1. Look how pretty your ring looks with those gorgeous fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete